Pages

Monday, May 28, 2012

Purty Plates!



When I ran across these salad plates in the Clearance Section of Kmart,  I knew I had to create something!

"Clearance".  Isn't that the most beautiful word ever created?  In the hearts of bargain hunters like me, "Clearance" is the "Hallelujah!" of all frugal words.  I digress...

Anyway, I wanted to show you how to use the Silhouette and Silhouette Studio to make some fun and easy projects.


First, you decide what you want your project to say.  In this case, I am working on two projects at a time, (more photos to follow), so I selected my type and size in "Silhouette Studio" and sent it to the Silhouette to be cut.

After you cut the images, you "weed" the excess vinyl with an exacto knife, and you end up with something like this.



On top of the "weeded" image, you apply the transfer tape and burnish it down really good with either a burnisher, like the white one above, or you can use any firm scraper such as a Pampered Chef scraper or a credit card.  Then, you peel off the top layer, the tape, which has the vinyl attached.  It is sticky, so be careful when you lay it in place.  It's a mess if you try to move it.  Again you use the burnisher to smooth out any bubbles, and to create good adhesion.

And here is what we ended up with!


Now if I could only cook.

No comments:

Post a Comment